Resources to evaluate performance of PC parts
- http://anandtech.com/Bench/ CPU bench's only, GPU bench's are not updated with drivers.
- http://johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.html (Thanks Not_Jappetto) SSD's are a little bit special in that the vast majority of workloads will not benefit from a faster drive.
- https://www.techpowerup.com/reviewdb/ Great resource for finding reviews about specific models but be aware of their performance summaries due to driver updates.
Resources NOT to use to evaluate performance
- http://motherboardbenchmark.net/ (this one just uses an arbitrary statistic)
- http://youtube.com/ (there is too much nonsense on here to filter through, consider most sources terrible until proven otherwise)
These websites primarily use Synthetic Benchmarks  for comparisons (at this point its better to consider sites terrible until proven otherwise) and as a result do not reflect real world performance  as well as use statistics like clock rate  that have no legitimate usage within this scenario. Other sources should be taken with a grain of salt and evaluated against .
|||https://web.archive.org/web/20150510220146/http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium-G3258-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4460 (Thanks ik0uuu)|
|||http://gernot-heiser.org/benchmarking-crimes.html (Thanks ZeDestructor)|